Spring Association Meeting followup
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Spring Association meeting that took place on Monday, May 2!
One of the main things to come out of the meeting was the need to begin planning for an Association event to celebrate the 100th Anniversary. Service Unit Managers are asked to solicit feedback from the troops this month so that we might begin to winnow ideas and hopefully choose an event so that we can set a date in the next Scout year.
To facilitate communication, we have a dedicated page on the website to 100th Anniversary ideas. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions on this page!
Highlights from the meeting:
- An Ashgrove Award was presented to Field Director Rachel Brown for all of the additional work that she has done as a ‘long-term temp’ and for the ‘breath of fresh air’ that she has brought to the Council.
- Cookie Kickoffs will take place Oct. 29, not the 15th, at the Sheraton National in Arlington.
- The next training blitz will take place at the ADAMS (All Dulles Area Muslim Society) center on July 9th. There will be 101 Training as well as Levels, Journeys, Teen Advisor Round Table and other items. Another Blitz will occur on Aug. 24 at Camp Potomac Woods; more information will follow closer to August. Kath Delia is still looking for additional trainers. If you know anyone who is interested or has the time and inclination to learn, , please click here to e-mail the Association.
- We welcome Cyndie Lipari, Monique Duke and Kristy Carrithers as the new SUMs of 51-5!
- If any Girl Scouts need additional funding for their Destinations, please click here to e-mail the Association.
- We have until Sept. 30 to meet our SHARE goal; if you have suggestions for fundraisers, please click here to e-mail the Association.
- Centreville mini-shop hours have changed have changed; please click here to view the new hours.
- Service Unit Managers are encouraged to submit news of troop happenings and upcoming SU events that are open to other service units in the Association; to submit your information, please click here to e-mail the Association.
For the full minutes from the meeting, please click on the link below: