Support Camp Mariposa!
Camp Mariposa, an annual summer camp for girls interested in joining Girl Scouts, needs your support!
Camp Mariposa, which will take place July 11-15 in Oakton, could use monetary and other donations to help provide girls from underprivileged areas with to experience arts & crafts, games, adventure, new friends, outdoor fun and more.
How will my community-based camp donation be spent?
- $0.70 a re-usable water bottle for one girl
- $8.00 snack for one day for one unit of 20 girls
- $12.00 year-long Girl Scout membership for one girl
- $20.00 science experiment supplies for a unit of 20 girls
- $40.00 camp fee for one girl
- $100.00 all program supplies for one unit of 20 girls
Camp Mariposa wish list
- Puffy paint
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Craft supplies
- Glue dots
- Brown paper lunch bags
- Girl Scout cookies
- Clothes for girls ages 5-10: underwear (new), shorts and light-weight pants, sneakers
- Soap (about 18 20 oz. Dispensers)
- Hand sanitizer (about 18 20 oz. dispensers)
- Juice pouches (Capri Sun preferred) with expiration after 8/2011
- Individually-packaged chips, snacks, raisins with expiration after 8/2011
- Gift cards to grocery or craft stores
- Sharpie markers (or similar permanent markers) of assorted bright colors
- Zip-loc bags, sandwich size
- Colored foam sheets in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, dark purple, light purple, light pink, magenta, teal, white, grey, lime green
- Monetary donations will be used to purchase re-usable water bottles, which will eliminate plastic bottled water containers from camp – $260 will support the needed 460 bottles
Please contact Elizabeth Assenza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-274-3334 with questions or to arrange donations drop off. Materials should be labeled Association 51 Camp Donations. Camp Mariposa is still hiring Unit Leader teens and adults. Come join us for a fun week in the sun at Camp Crowell as we introduce Girl Scouts to new girls!