2011 GSCNC Annual Meeting Highlights
GSCNC President highlights Association 51 Girl Scout’s Project
During her remarks in the plenary session of the Annual Meeting, GSCNC President Diane Tipton told the story of Kate York, a Cadette from SU 51-5, and her All-American Care Package Project for soldiers serving overseas. Kate also served as the Association 51 flag bearer at the Annual Meeting procession of Association flags.
Kate’s story has been featured in several area news publications; click on the links to read the stories.
- Connection Newspapers: Reston Girls Show They Care
- Washington Business Journal: Girls Who Mean Business
- Reston Patch Whiz Kid of the Week
About 350,000 boxes were sold this year — 100,000 more than anticipated– making the Council’s sale the largest in the country. Troop proceeds from the sale exceed $3 million
Bylaw Changes Passed
* Changed Article I Section 5 Subsection A to adjust wording to align the terms for the Board of Directors and the Nominating Committee with the change in fiscal year. (Effective October 2011, GSCNC is changing its fiscal year to October 1 – September 30.)
* Changed title of GSCNC chief administrator within Article VII from Executive Director to Chief Executive Officer.
For a review of the proposals, click here.
100th Anniversary Dates
Nov. 10 – 13, 2011
GSUSA National Council Session, Houston, Texas
Call that Changed the World
Girl Scouts 100th Anniversary Interfaith Service, Washington, DC
June 2012 Rock the Mall
GSUSA and GSCNC host the 100th Anniversary Girl Scout Sing-Along Celebration on the National Mall. Like the Rock the Mall Facebook page by clicking here: http://www.facebook.com/GirlScoutsRockTheMall